He's rather fun but takes up a lot of time. It's my favorite though!!! Also recent, is family pictures!!
Aren't we just the cutest family??
Well this semester has been full of lot of learning. I'm loving my classes and doing well. I'm also entering my program, Elementary Education for winter!
The most important thing I think i've learned this year is going with your gut and doing things. For so long I've held back and analized every aspect of a situation before I went. There is an imporant part of doing with your gut though, there's the problem of timing. I recently read a talk by Dallin H. Oaks titled "Timing" here's the opening story:
One university president had come to the end of his period of service, and another was just beginning. As a gesture of goodwill, the wise outgoing president handed his young successor three sealed envelopes. "Hold these until you have the first crisis in your administration," he explained. "Then open the first one, and you will find some valuable advice."
It was a year before the new president had a crisis. When he opened the first envelope, he found a single sheet of paper on which were written the words "Blame the prior administration." He followed that advice and survived the crisis.
Two years later he faced another serious challenge to his leadership. He opened the second envelope and read: "Reorganize your administration." He did so, and the reorganization disarmed his critics and gave new impetus to his leadership.
Much later the now-seasoned president encountered his third major crisis. Eagerly he opened the last envelope, anticipating the advice that would provide the solution for his troubles. Again he found a single sheet of paper, but this time it read, "Prepare three envelopes." It was time for new leadership.
In all the important decisions in our lives, what is most important is to do the right thing. Second, and only slightly behind the first, is to do the right thing at the right time. People who do the right thing at the wrong time can be frustrated and ineffective. They can even be confused about whether they made the right choice when what was wrong was not their choice but their timing. -Oaks
Do the right thing, but also make sure it's the right time. I'm learning that slowly by slowly. I'm also learning the power of speech, and the problem with gossip. When you're hurt with something you realize how bad it can be. Also, just because you have a story to tell, doesn't mean you have to share it. Hopefully by the end of this semester i'll have mastered these..but then again, i'm scared for what new lessons the Lord with throw at me. All in all, I'm being prepared for something.





2 comments:
My heart both hurts and joys at all the lessons you've been experiencing lately. Love you, "little sister!"
So sorry that you have to hurt and be stretched. But that is how we are molded into the person that Heavenly Father wants us to become. You are a beautiful woman. There are great blessings in your future! Just hold firmly to the iron rod. Continue doing the small and simple things and you will see the blessings that come. You are amazing and I love you!
Post a Comment