Thursday, August 27, 2009

Journalism class

In my journalism class (btw, i write for our school newspaper) we had to write a statement about us, about what we believe in and what we've learned. So, here is my bit.


I believe that it takes a lot of courage to get anywhere in life.
Courage to try something
Courage to trust others
Courage to do things we don’t want to do
It takes courage to make the most of every minute and to remember what is most important. Others can’t tell you what needs to be important in your life, you have to find that out yourself. There is no way of cheating through life. There is no such thing as Spark Notes.
I think that sometimes we don’t get what we want, so that we can give others what they NEED.
It takes sacrifice to serve others. It means being humble enough to think that person is more important then you.
I think people don’t realize what they have until they almost lose it.
I believe that the one of the hardest things to realize is that there is a reason you can’t be as good as you want to be. Perfection is too easy. If you are naturally perfect, you lose the hard work, long hours and heartache that mean more overall. I know that if people don’t have to work for something, it doesn’t mean half as much to them as the ones who had to climb mountains and rocky trails in order to get the same result.
I hope to always be okay with taking that path, because it is the food and water that will sustain me for the next journey. I hope to always have a next journey and the courage to finish it.

No comments:

Blog Archive