a re-do of a poem called i celebrate myself by some old poet that my teacher made us write but i actually liked it so here it is.
I celebrate myself while laughing with the sun, smiling at the stars, and
running with the wind
I am the one who always laughs loudest,
but cries with all my heart
I see the stars as different worlds but don’t try to
reach for them on my own
I feel everything, but keep the hurt inside,
while I smile and laugh for others
I hear the laughter of the breeze, the songs of the sun set,
the cries of the brook, but find I cannot find the
harmony of the world
I think of my life as a book, and constantly edit my draft, but I know
how it should end, a castle is waiting for me there.
No matter what is between my covers, I play my part and sing my line,
for I am who I am, no matter where I go
Somehow I will reach the end, touch the
stars and dance with them
as I go
No comments:
Post a Comment